- The students take English classes about two times a week, but they know a lot of English! When I talked to the students about schools in America, they were trying their best to ask me questions in English and were very curious about America and American schools.
- Children in elementary school only go to school from around 8:00am until 12:30/1:00pm. They go home after school, or eat lunch at 1:00pm, then go home.
- The student speak German, are learning English, and some even know a few more languages!
- The students stay in the same classrooms and the teachers switch rooms. The students are given 5 minutes alone without the teacher before each lesson begins.
- There are two 15 minute breaks throughout the day. The classrooms doors are locked and they must go outside and play! The students are given a lot of freedom and they are extremely independent. The breaks allow them to focus more during class.
- There is very little technology in the classrooms. The only technology used is computers for the teachers and the students get small kindles starting in 3rd grade for their math and German homework.
- The students usually begin their morning or each lesson with a song. The song helps them get focused to begin the lesson. Some songs also help them remember different English words or phrases.
Goodbye for now!